Do you have experience with Enterprise Operation on Azure platforms? Do you thrive from being a key part of an innovative team consisting of both developers, data analysts and domain experts? And do you enjoy sharing knowledge with others as well as learning new skills? Then you just might be the new colleague we are looking for to join our customer, Danske Commodities’ Bifrost team!
IT Infrastructure & Platforms at Danske Commodities (DC)
As the new DevOps Engineer you will join Danske Commodities Bifrost portfolio team, a cross functional team architecting, developing, and operating a new Enterprise data platform – a platform that is essential to DC. Further, they continuously optimize their platform with new and best-practice solutions to always ensure high availability, stability and performance; necessities when operating in a dynamic business environment.
You will join an inclusive team of motivated colleagues, who always seek to be the best version of themselves. In the team, there is a great focus on growing and developing together by giving each other constructive feedback and practicing frequent knowledge sharing with each other. Also, they ensure to always take ownership of good collaboration and welcome new ideas in a professional environment.
Be a part of Danske Commodities key IT platform
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and the IT landscape of DC. In the beginning, you will be working closely together with other IT operation engineers, so that you are introduced properly to the current landscape. Also, you will be assigned a buddy to guide you through your first time and give you the best possible start in the team. After a while, you will get more responsibility and you will work on further developing and strengthening the platform.
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud infrastructure components such as virtual networks, virtual machines, storage accounts, and load balancers using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
- Implement and manage infrastructure-as-code practices using tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, or ARM templates to enable consistent and repeatable deployments.
- Develop and maintain deployment processes using Azure DevOps, Git, and other relevant tools.
- Monitor and optimize performance, availability, through proactive monitoring, alerting, and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with development teams to promote a DevOps culture, automate manual processes, and enhance application deployment and release processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues, performance bottlenecks, and security vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in cloud technologies and propose innovative solutions to improve the overall cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices.
PERSONAL SKILLS, WE EXPECT THAT YOU
- are independent, reliant and adaptable as you will operate in a dynamic tea
- are a team-oriented person who enjoys collaboration – but also thrives with working independently and taking the lead on a task if require
- see opportunities where others see problem
- enjoy sharing knowledge with others and learning new skill
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks, and they always support each other in getting the job done
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, WE EXPECT THAT YOU
- have a relevant educational background within information technology, e.g., Computer Science or similar
- have a minimum of two years' experience from a similar position, working with planning, designing, operating, documenting and managing Microsoft based infrastructure.
- have experience working with Microsoft Azure, including proficiency in Azure services like, App Services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, and Azure Networking. It is an extra plus if you have experience Kafka.
- have hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Azure DevOps and/or Terraform.
- can pose a solid understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience with tools like Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, or similar.
- have good knowledge of DevOps principles, including version control, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal.
Danske Commodities will take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, they take great care of their people. Joining DC means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits Danske Commodities offer to their employees:
- Flexible working hours including the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunities with the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning.
- Global career prospects as part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world.
- 10% paid pension as well as a beneficial health care and insurance package.
- Great parental leave conditions including 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies.
- Paid children’s sick days 10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed.
- Extra days off five, to be exact, as well as a Yay Day (an additional day off dedicated to ‘me time’) every year – adding to the standard five weeks off each year.
- Senior days if you’re over 55 years old.
- Bonus scheme.
- Share savings meaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme.
- Paid at home internet and equipment including a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home.
- 100+ yearly social and professional events including DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more.
- Free Spotify Premium subscription.
- Various free tickets to family-friendly and cultural attractions.
- Discounts at hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more.
- Organic food including a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day.
- An office in the heart of Aarhus right next to the central train station.