We live in a digital world where end users—customers, employees, partners and suppliers—expect applications and digital services to be fast, reliable and highly available, from any device or location. And where companies differentiate themselves is in how effectively they do this.
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new so!ware-defined and cloud- centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance PlatformTM takes Riverbed’s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
We are seeking an Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer for the Danish Riverbed Team, for immediate hire to work in the exciting and competitive domain of hybrid networking. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre-sales environment. Your geografical location in Denmark is not so important.
About this Position
- Collaborate with account manager to influence and develop sales account strategy including competitive threats, technical threats and alternatives
- Engage with the customer, account manager and the account team to execute and/or coordinate Riverbed "awareness". Presentations, demonstrations and other sales related activities to ensure breadth & depth of penetration into the account
- Understand technical needs and pains of the customer as they relate to business initiatives within the account
- Identify requirement for additional/multiple resources from other depts. partners, teams, regions (e.g., sales, product management, marketing, partners etc.) internal and external to Riverbed
- Managing expectations of the account team (identifying roles for each external resource)
- Identify sales/pre-sales roles, responsibilities on a peer/partnership level
Partner & Ecosystem Development
- Build influencing relationships with key contacts in the partner echo system of your customers
- Actively involve third party organizations to help drive opportunities to Technical Close
- Leverage the partner echo system to run technical workshops and POC’s to free up your time for more consultative work with your customers
- Extensive IT experience; Domain knowledge in a least two disciplines of Application Architectures & Performance Management, Storage & Infrastructuctur
- Management or Network Infrastructure
- Confident articulating technical and business value propositions.
- Thorough competitive knowledge including industry, technologies and product offerings, evolving technologies
- Understand and be conversant about company, its solutions, and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Solid knowledge and experience of customer management practices
- In-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes
- Must have a clear understanding of selling cycles, selling strategies and the skills and responsibilities of an AM and SE team.
- Education typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.