On behalf of our customer, BioMar Group A/S, we are searching for an experienced and hands-on IT Support Manager, who in this new position can establish, implement and run BioMar’s global IT support setup covering an IT Service Desk and Onsite support.
About the position
As the IT Support Manager, you will be responsible for planning and running the daily operation supporting users through the IT Service Desk and Onsite support making sure that users receive timely and effective support.
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, you will receive direct reporting from around 5-6 employees working in the IT Service Desk and Onsite support in the sites in Denmark, Norway, Chile, and Ecuador. Since the team is small this job is a great mix between people management, process improvements, execution, and hands on operation supporting users when needed.
You will be part of the BioMar IT Leadership Team together with the CIO, the Head of Business Applications, Head of Data & AI, and the Head of IT Operations. You will be working from BioMar’s Brande office.
- Together with your team, you will provide technical support to employees on software, computers and other hardware, including installing, configuring and troubleshooting computers, tablets and phones.
- Manage the day-to-day planning, incident and problem-solving to meet the required standards and operational targets.
- You will take the leading role in implementing standard IT support processes globally, including the implementation of a new global ITSM solution.
- Review internal stakeholder survey feedback on a regular basis to continually improve and professionalizethe service quality, productivity, processes (ITIL), tools and the users' support experience.
- Develop and strengthen the IT Support team by attracting and developing skilled employees into a high performing team.
- Determine and communicate meaningful IT performance indicators and metrics to the BioMar business.and respond to any further requests for data that are required for analysis.
- Robust experience (3 years+) with practical day-to-day management of global IT supportfrom a large or global organization.
- Thorough knowledge of ITIL processes and efficient use of ITSM including experience with ServiceNow as ITSM tool.
- You have excellent stakeholder service skills and are prepared to go the extra mile for the users.
- You are a strong and open-minded leader and team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You mentor, train and inspire your team members to maintain a healthy and high performing team environment.
- Technical knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, PC’s and devices, including Microsoft’s technology stack.
- Academic degree within IT, Economics & Business Administration, Computer Science or similar.
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English (oral and written).
- Willingness to travel up to app. 20-30 days per year.
About BioMar IT
BioMar IT is a global IT unit, headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, with staff on several locations in Scandinavia, UK, Southern Europe, South America and Asia. We are approx. 30 dedicated IT professionals, providing a full portfolio of IT services, including Infor ERP, to the 1.500 colleagues in the BioMar business.The position is based at the BioMar Group Headquarter in the heart of Aarhus, next to Bruun’s Gallery.
We are on a journey towards becoming a truly global internal IT Services provider, taking advantage of the technological developments in the IT infrastructure, cloud and user productivity space to provide better and more efficient IT to our business.
About BioMar Group
BioMar is a world leader in high performance diets for more than 45 different fish and shrimp species in more than 80 countries.
Founded in 1962 by a group of Danish fish farmers, BioMar’s heritage is a long-term commitment to developing the aquaculture industry in a responsible and sustainable way.
Our main focus is supporting our customers delivering healthy, great tasting seafood. We do this by innovating efficient, safe and nutritious feed for aquaculture with minimal environmental impact.
Our global scale, local agility and execution focus ensure that we can meet individual customer needs – always with departure in proven results and a meticulous focus on food safety.
In 2017 Biomar had a turnover of €1.3 billion with a net profit of € 75 mio.
BioMar is fully owned by Danish conglomorate Schouw & Co.