About BioMar IT
BioMar IT is a global IT unit, headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, with staff on several locations in Scandinavia, UK, Southern Europe, South America and Asia. We are approx. 30 dedicated IT professionals, providing a full portfolio of IT services, including Infor ERP, to the 1.500 colleagues in the BioMar business. The position is preferably based at the BioMar Group Headquarter in the heart of Aarhus, next to Bruun’s Gallery.
We are on a journey towards enhancing the value IT can create for the business, by harvesting the potential in new technologies and approaches, including utilization of cloud and the newest Data, BI and ERP solutions.
About the position
BioMar is looking for a Data & BI Architect for the Data & AI team to drive the development and continuous improvement of the BioMar global Data and BI solution architecture.
The right profile brings high-level technical expertise, skills in optimizing and improving data and BI architecture, and have flair of exploring business opportunities through establishing the right technical data and BI setup.
In the role as BI Architect you will be working closely together with your colleagues both in the Data & AI team and in the rest of the IT organization ensuring an optimal global data and BI architecture meeting current and future business needs.
You will take part of setting the agenda for the company to take the lead in exploring and utilizing digital opportunities by
- Ongoing development and maintenance of BioMar’s global data and BI architecture solution for the optimal handling of data warehousing and data analytic tasks.
- Acting as a sparring partner providing advice for your colleagues ensuring value adding data and BI products and a data warehouse of high quality.
- Leading the task of ensuring the required scaled solution architecture both for current and future needs of the company.
- Handling and ensuring ownership of data sources.
- Ensuring appropriated security models and processes are being developed and followed.
- Being responsible for processes and standards related to deployment and ensuring that the standards are met
- Being responsible for ensuring high standards for data model and report documentation and by that ensuring high degree of transparency of the documentation supporting the BI self-service in BioMar
- Ensuring standards and procedures for BI development are defined and followed.
- Ensuring ETL standards and procedures are defined and followed.
- You have solid experience (5 years+) as a BI architect and BI consultant in a complex enterprise environment.
- You have significant knowledge about BI architecture design, development and maintenance.
- You have the ability to translate current and future business needs into requirements for the technical setup of a data and BI solution.
- BI technical expertise and experience as a BI developer. BI developer and analytics skills are essential.
- You are a person with a strong personal drive and with an ability to problem solve, organize and collaborate.
- Thrive communication and collaboration with both technical experts, BI consultants and different business stakeholders and end users.
- Work approach characterized by high quality and standards combined with being solution oriented.
- You are a skilled and open-minded team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to consult and challenge business and management stakeholders.
- Able to work in a diverse and multi-cultural organization across several geographies.
- Academic degree within IT, Computer Science or similar.
- Travel activity must be expected approx. 20-30 travel days a year.
Join the BioMar family
At BioMar Group, we are committed to developing and delivering efficient, sustainable and healthy feed solutions for aquaculture. Innovation and partnerships are at the very heart of everything we do, and we are proud that our highly skilled employees share our long-term commitment. Currently, we operate 14 feed factories in Norway, Chile, Denmark, Scotland, Spain, France, Greece, Turkey, China, Ecuador and Costa Rica. Worldwide, we supply feed to around 80 countries and for more than 45 different species. Moreover, we are wholly owned by the Danish industrial group Schouw & Co, which is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY RESIDENTS IN THE EU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.