With reference to the Group IT Director, we are looking for a Head of Business Applications, who will be responsible for the development and support of the global IT business applications landscape.
The department consists of approx. 10 employees across Australia, Europe and US. Your team consists of project managers and applications specialists, who are responsible for the selection, evaluation, planning, designing, development, implementation, and project management in addition to daily operational management. This position will be reporting directly to the Group IT Director.
Our client has a strong vision to the strategic direction of applications within the organization and displays strong leadership skills to the migration of the current application to the new IT architecture.
You will be responsible for the full process from investigation, planning and implementation of needed changes. You will also be responsible of coaching project managers in planning, budgeting and operation of their respective applications and projects.
Furthermore, you will be responsible of:
- Efficient internal IT processes (Jira)
- Managing and supervising of the overall program management (projects & task currently running) incl. budgeting, timelining and organizing
- Securing that test automation gets implemented in the organization
- Managing and executing a strategic planning process and to elaborate respective roadmaps for the overall applications landscape and for the specific solutions implemented
- Planning and supervising of projects related to the implementation of the roadmap and deliver business value
- Collaborating with business stakeholders
You probably have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field. However, this is not a requirement. We assume that you have 5+ years of managerial experience within architecture and managing IT systems with a focus on the utilization of ERP and BI platforms, and have:
- Demonstrated successful deliveries of large scale global IT business solutions
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to develop and present complex material effectively to a variety of stakeholders; audiences – technical and non-technical, staff, management and leaders
- The mindset to be proactive, independent, process-driven, strategic, pragmatic, persuasive
- A strong desire to drive change and are experienced in project management
As our client is globally represented, you should expect some travel activity.
What we offer
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company with a competitive package, and the possibility to work with new Digital Infrastructures Technologies that are expected to have a massive impact on the global business. And of course, we have a great team of colleagues, which we hope you can be a part of.