On behalf of Wrist Ship Supply, Recruit IT is looking for an experienced and customer centric Head of Engineering to join a newly established company – Source 2 Sea.
Do you want to be a part of a digital start-up company where you get the opportunity to set the new digital standards in the maritime industry? Source 2 Sea is a new digital market place in the maritime industry. The goal of Source 2 Sea is to become a customer tailored digital marketplace that streamlines the way shipping companies get their ship supplies; it will span from contacting and procurement to payment and delivery. Source 2 Sea aims to empower crews and purchasers as well as incentivize reliable suppliers.
Source 2 Sea is part of the Wrist Ship Supply Group, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the maritime industry with a turnover in 2020 of more than DKK 4.3 billion. With reference to our Source 2 Sea CPO, you will become part of a strong team.
The position is based in Copenhagen.
- designing, building, scaling and maintaining software solutions (Backend: Kotlin, Spring Boot, Postgres, AWS, Fargate, Terraform, Python, Pandas and GraphQL / Frontend: TypeScript, React, Apollo Client)
- organizational and technical management of the software engineering and data science team
- provide technical leadership, guiding, growing and constantly developing team members
- work closely and partner with CPO and the Source 2 Sea management team to develop product constantly further
- drive improvements to data intelligence features
- partner with and bring together frontend, UX and product teams
- getting hands dirty by executing assignments alongside the team if needed
- foster a culture of continuous delivery and test-driven development
- champion good, agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- staying up-to-date with current technologies.
- several years of experience in software engineering – ideally both with frontend and backend related topics and technologies, as well as machine learning or general data science topics
- experience in technologies such as Backend: Kotlin, Spring Boot, Postgres, AWS, Fargate, Terraform, Python, Pandas and GraphQL / Frontend: TypeScript, React, Apollo Client
- leadership experience of small to mid-sized teams and ability to energize team on tech vision (1 scrum team in Copenhagen and 1 scrum team in Warsaw, Poland)
- product mindset and ability to speak with product leadership frequently and comprehensively
- strong stakeholder management and alignment skills
- experience working with agile, lean, test-driven and continuous delivery approaches
- excellent communication (English is a must) and people skills.
What Source 2 Sea offers you:
- shape and influence a well-funded, fast-growth company
- work in the fascinating industry of shipping supplies on a highly technical product
- work in a team of highly motivated and talented individuals
- competitive compensation and benefits
Want to learn more?
Please contact Recruit IT, Partner Claus Porse +45 20878617 or apply directly by the “apply button”.
We will talk to applicants on a running basis, hence get in touch as soon as possible.
About Wrist Ship Supply
Wrist Ship Supply is the world’s leading ship and offshore supplier of provisions and stores with a market share of around 9%. Wrist offers a global 24/7 service, including handling of owners’ goods, shipping, airfreight and related marine services that meet the demands of international organisations as well as local businesses
From offices around the globe all Wrist staff takes pride in making it easy for customers to receive their supplies – where and when requested – efficiently and at the best possible price. Wrist’s mission is to provide expert care – making our customers’ life at sea better.
Since 2007, the majority shareholder in Wrist has been Altor Fund II.