On behalf of our customer, BoligPortal in Aarhus, we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer.
Thousands of people use BoligPortal (in Denmark) and BostadsPortal (in Sweden) to find or rent out an apartment every day. At the same time, BoligPortal innovates by developing new tools to help landlords manage the process of renting out their properties.
If you would like to take part in developing and maintaining software for a growing suite of products targeting the international market, with a shared mission, then we want to hear from you!
You will join BoligPortal’s development team, which is focused on building a SaaS solution adding groundbreaking automation and tooling for landlords on the housing market, while they maintain their position as the best place to find or rent out properties. They rewrote the entire platform from scratch just last year and therefore run without any archaic legacy code. Building something entirely new and tackling problems in new ways means constantly learning and homing in on what ticks the box for the customers. The Team are all engaged in shaping the products from idea to development, which means you will have a clear say in how things are being developed.
As a team the like to keep meetings few and short, prefer Slack over emails, and collaborate towards shared goals. You wil experience blowing off steam by playing ping-pong and Rocket League at BoligPortal’s nice offices in the vibrant IT community in It-byen Katrinebjerg, Aarhus. In addition to the team of product managers and developers, you will be a part of a professional, innovative and international environment with about 55 colleagues in BoligPortal.
BoligPortal uses technologies that get the job done while constantly exploring new technologies. Their backend is built with Python (Django) and PostgreSQL and hosted on Heroku and AWS. The frontend is built with TypeScript (React). They use Git for version control and CircleCI for continuous integration. They work in 2-week sprints, and organize tasks using Shortcut.
You are an experienced backend developer with documented results in shipping successful software. A relevant education as a software engineer or in computer science is a plus but not a requirement. It’s also a plus if you know the technologies in BoligPortal’s stack. More importantly, you are a fast learner and curious by nature. You stay updated about new technologies, concepts and trends. You thrive being around passionate people driven by creating the solutions of tomorrow and enjoy succeeding as a team in an agile environment.
The Team at BoligPortal likes to move fast, while maintaining quality and reducing busywork. To do that, they have good automated tests, and daily automated releases. They strive to keep the code-base healthy and keep technical debt in check.
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of experience with backend development (maybe using Python)
- Experience with Django or other web frameworks/ORMs
- Good SQL/data-modelling and querying skills (maybe using PostgreSQL)
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
- Experience building REST APIs
- Ability to write readable, performant code
- Ability to work on a team using version control, code review, etc.
- Professional experience with one of the major cloud providers (Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Good level of spoken and written English, as you will be part of an international team
- Nice to have: Experience with TypeScript/React
- Most importantly: You are excited about building the optimal experience for our customers and creating great products.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain features on both new and existing products for landlords and tenants
- Bring your ideas about how to improve products and code
- Model business requirements in the code/database model
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimise inefficient database queries
- Write automated tests to ensure high-quality code
- Assist in getting code tested by QA
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by customers or proactively (we use Sentry)
- Collaborate closely with frontenders and product managers on new projects
- Perform code review of colleagues’ PRs.
BoligPortal is Denmark's oldest and largest rental housing portal, which has existed for more than 20 years. BoligPortal has more than 50 employees. BoligPortal is "Great Place To Work" certified, last in 2020. BoligPortal is part of North Media A/S, who also owns FK Distribution, Ofir and Bekey.