For Vitrolife A/S, we are looking for a talented clinical data analysis and management specialist to join the development department’s highly skilled AI/data team.
Under the brand promise ”together all the way”, Vitrolife’s goal is to become “the leading provider of solutions that reduce the time to achieve a healthy baby and to improve the workflow efficiency and control for IVF clinics” with quality as a guiding star. Being one of the most recognised brands in the field, Vitrolife’s products are sold across the globe to treat fertility problems and help future parents in fulfilling their dream of having a healthy baby.
Vitrolife’s technology division is based in Viby near Aarhus and develops and manufactures Vitrolife’s medical equipment and software. Our flagship is the EmbryoScope incubator, which enables users to generate time-lapse videos of fertilised eggs all the way from the first cell divisions. In close collaboration with research clinics all over the world, we develop state-of-the-art statistical models and, most recently, AI algorithms that increase the chance of pregnancy and improve the quality of the numerous procedures in IVF clinics.
As the industry is still very young, there is a high level of research activity, and all parties involved are driven by a desire to transform learnings and results into innovative products. Through this new position, we aim to strengthen and expand this industry collaboration.
The position is in our AI/data group and covers a wide range of tasks:
- New and existing scientific collaborations must be expanded, and you will help plan, execute and interpret trials in collaboration with researchers and users. Your tasks will include data collection and interpretation (trial planning, statistical hypothesis tests, etc.) in an active collaboration with internal and external researchers.
- Development of new methods and models to analyse and evaluate the numerous processes involved in modern fertility treatment. An important aspect of this work is to ensure updated and adequate documentation for regulatory approvals in countries across the world, e.g. clinical evaluation plans and reports.
- Communication of results and product knowledge through scientific publications, conference presentations, webinars, etc.
In your daily work, you will be part of the AI/data group. The group comprises colleagues with a research background within mathematics, computer vision and machine learning as well as many years of experience from the IVF industry.
What do you bring to the job?
You have probably worked scientifically with biostatistics or have a similar clinically based data background. If you do not already have knowledge of cell biology or the IVF industry, you wish to master a new clinical field and help childless couples all over the world.
Who are you?
- You have a high-level education – preferably a PhD or equivalent – with significant statistical data analysis content, presumably within medicine/biology, technical medicine or similar.
- If you have enhanced and used your strong skills in a similar position in a different industry, but wish to pursue a career in the medical industry, we would also like to hear why you are the right candidate for this position.
- You probably have knowledge of (cell) biology/medicine.
- You like to communicate thoughts, ideas and results both orally and in writing to internal and external business partners.
- Ideally, you have experience of writing and publishing in international scientific journals.
We work closely with partners all over the world, and visiting these partners will be a natural part of the job.
Our wish list is long, and we are looking for a candidate with:
- Solid experience in statistics and data management.
- Experience in clinical research and clinical trial design, planning, and execution.
- The ability to collaborate with and build bridges between multiple disciplines.
- Experience in MDR, FDA or other regulatory work.
Furthermore, you are, of course, a great colleague with excellent interpersonal skills who will thus fit in well with the other dedicated and committed Vitrolife employees.
Who is Vitrolife?
When you work at Vitrolife, you will be working with meaningful tasks every day, in a place where everyone goes the extra mile to ensure quality in everything they do. Your daily place of work will be in Viby, but you will also become part of an international, English-speaking workplace. We offer a competitive remuneration package and flexibility to plan your work. You will be working in a motivating, interesting and fun workplace with a well-attended staff association, a running club, a skiing club, board games, Friday afternoon staff get-togethers, staff parties, etc.
Vitrolife is a modern company in every sense of the phrase
We are 80+ dedicated employees in Viby, and you will become part of a company in which we all support each other and contribute to a pleasant working environment. We offer a tasty breakfast and a delicious canteen plan. Our canteen is also home to our joint meetings and at the heart of an invaluable network that binds us together. We are located centrally with easy access to different forms of transport, two minutes from buses and light rail trains and close to the E45 motorway in Viby.
Vitrolife makes dreams come true
Vitrolife is a group with an international presence. We develop, manufacture and market medical equipment for use in fertility treatment. Vitrolife has approximately 370 employees worldwide, and we sell our products to approximately 110 different markets. The company headquarters are located in Gothenburg, Sweden, and we have offices in the USA, Australia, France, Italy, Great Britain, China, Japan, Hungary and Denmark. Vitrolife’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Large Cap.
Visit us at www.vitrolife.com.